Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/social-meta-tags.liquid
Free Shipping U.S. $100+
100% Secure Checkout
Hand-Inspected Quality Control
FITS WRIST SIZES: 6.25 - 8 inches around.
(Pro tip: You can add more holes if needed. Measure your wrist with a piece of string.)
This one's for all of you who requested a Redux two piece strap!
The SL2 two piece strap is a Redux exclusive design executed with American leather and handcrafted right here in New York City and equipped with our original titanium hardware.
This Wickett & Craig leather is traditionally used for saddles, holsters and sheaths. Skirting leather is painstakingly tanned and drum dyed by hand. These hides boasts a subtle waxy finish from the finish.
This Rust color in particular portrays a wonderful character that deepens the leather feel when worn and bent. The distressed nature of this oiled latigo leather is a result of Wickett & Craig's special treatment:
"Oiled Latigo is hot dipped in a special mix of oils, waxes and tallows. Reinforced to withstand the elements, the lighters colors have a rich pull-up and display strong character. "
The very special look of this oiled latigo is super difficult to capture, and my photos just aren't doing it justice. This color is a deep brown with a tinge of rust hue to it with the slightest touch of oxblood.
COURG crew voted, we listened.
First, TL;DR Features, full notes below (photos for description and not final).
Image below depict the prototypes in process, and as such meant to help you get a feel for the craftsmanship, this is not the Rust color because we had not received the hides yet while in prototype stage. More photos soon!
1. We'll add a second layer of leather to line the strap. Whereas many straps use a cheaper leather for stiffening in the second layer, we insisted on using top quality leather for the inner second layer. We think this added expense is worthwhile because it's not just how the strap looks, but how it feels against your skin. I was skeptical at first, because I've been happy with the original raw straps. But when our strap maker said, "That's how I would want my watch strap to be made" -- How could I argue?
2. We'll seal the edge (but not with edge paint -- with a proprietary seal protocol). In test installations of the edge painted straps, I found it to be bulky and difficult to use. Instead of paint, our strap maker seals the edge with a natural wax formulation to ensure durability and preserve the internal leather grain. Once the wax is applied, the strap maker burnishes the edge with a leather working tool that applies heat and pressure to protect your investment in superior quality American leather.
3. Our strap maker will hand stitch the straps with waxed thread with minimal double knots. The vast majority of you voted for the minimal stitch, which is the one I was leaning towards myself.
4. We're going to fly solo with the Redux & Co. symbol stamped into the tail. In our original production of leather straps, we included additional logo from a production partner and found that many of you would have preferred we left it off. So, that's what we're going to do.
5. We'll finish the tail end with a half hex to complement the gear shape and titanium hardware DNA.
**Please note the buckle we've used is just for the prototypes because we didn't have our other type in inventory:
Photos are representative of the final design but as you know we've been making changes, so just remember these are not exact.